You and Your means the user of recognise.org.au.
Our, Us and We means RECOGNISE.
- You agree to use recognise.org.au only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of recognise.org.au by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to recognise.org.au.
- You must not post or transmit via recognise.org.au any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law. Any posts or content transmitted via recognise.org.au must be G-Rated. Material that does not comply will be removed from the website without notification.
- Your use of recognise.org.au does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to You by any Agency; or
- reduce any obligation You owe to any Agency.
- The recognise.org.au website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to Your particular circumstances. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material on recognise.org.au.
- We take reasonable care in linking recognise.org.au to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites. Any information on a linked website is provided “As Is”.
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
- The development of the recognise.org.au website is coordinated by us, however some interactions with recognise.org.au occur on systems under the control of other Participating Agencies. We are responsible for:
- the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through our systems; and
- the security of the links from our systems to systems under the control of Participating Agencies.
- Participating Agencies are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through systems within their control.
- We strive to protect information you provide on recognise.org.au. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that recognise.org.au and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter recognise.org.au.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by the information you included your Account, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
- Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of recognise.org.au, we may sever links to that website or system.
- For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our Privacy Statement.
- We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or other Agency:
- to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user of recognise.org.au.
- We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Please check our website.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or feedback regarding recognise.org.au.
- Harmful Code
- Any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
- Loss, damage, cost or expense (to any person or property) including consequential or indirect loss or any loss of profits, data or revenue.
- Participating Agencies
- Agencies that are working with us to deliver the recognise.org.au service to you.