Do you want to be a part of the national youth movement to remove racism and gain recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Constitution?
RECOGNISE Youth is coming to Brisbane for a two-day workshop giving young Australians an opportunity to be youth advocates for the RECOGNISE campaign!
What to expect from the workshop:
- Learn about the RECOGNISE campaign and how it fits into the history and the future of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander rights movements.
- Develop public speaking skills to be able to carry out conversations about RECOGNISE within your community.
- Spend 2 days getting to know other young leaders, towards working together in QLD
What does a RECOGNISE Youth Rep do?
- Represent RECOGNISE in QLD; speak at events, help out at footy games, write blogs and raise awareness about the campaign in your own community.
- This is a voluntary role that asks of each Youth Rep to take the equivalent of one action per month after the workshop. The Youth Team are here to support and understands everyone has schedules to balance.
The QLD RECOGNISE Youth Workshop is a 2-day event over February 1 and 2, including an overnight stay and a dinner on February 1.All young people aged 15 – 25 years are welcome to apply.
We will provide accommodation, transport and meals – so if you do not live in Brisbane, you can still apply.
If you’re interested in applying to attend this workshop to become a RECOGNISE Youth Rep, apply below. For any questions email email@example.com
Applications close Friday, January 6 at 5pm.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Youth Campaign Team