Do you want to be a part of the national youth movement to remove racism and gain recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Constitution?
RECOGNISE Youth is bringing a two-day workshop to Sydney for young people who are interested in becoming advocates for the RECOGNISE campaign – by joining a national network of RECOGNISE Youth Reps!
What to expect from the workshop:
- Learn about the RECOGNISE campaign and how it fits into the history and the future aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander rights movements.
- Develop public speaking and campaigning skills to be able to carry out conversations about RECOGNISE within your community.
- Spend 2 days getting to know other young leaders, towards working together in your state or territory.
What does a RECOGNISE Youth Rep do?
- Represent RECOGNISE in your state or territory; speak at events, help out at footy games, write blogs and raise awareness about the campaign in your own community.
- This is a voluntary role that asks of each Youth Rep to continue on with the campaign and take the equivalent of one action per month after the workshop.
The NSW/ACT Youth Workshop is a 2-day event on April 5 and 6, including an overnight stay.
It is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people aged 15 – 30.
There is no cost involved. We will provide accommodation, transport and meals – so if you do not live in Sydney, you can still apply.
If you’re interested in applying to attend this workshop to become a RECOGNISE Youth Rep, apply below. For any questions email email@example.com
Applications close Monday March 20 at 5pm..
We look forward to hearing from you!
Youth Campaign Team