Do you want to be a part of the national youth movement to remove racism and gain recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Constitution?
RECOGNISE Youth is bringing a two-day workshop to Melbourne for young people who are interested in becoming advocates for the RECOGNISE campaign – by joining a national network of RECOGNISE Youth Reps!
What to expect from the workshop:
- Learn about the RECOGNISE campaign and how it fits into the history and the future aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander rights movements.
- Develop public speaking and campaigning skills to be able to carry out conversations about RECOGNISE within your community.
- Spend 2 days getting to know other young leaders, towards working together in your state or territory.
What does a RECOGNISE Youth Rep do?
- Represent RECOGNISE in your state or territory; speak at events, help out at footy games, write blogs and raise awareness about the campaign in your own community.
- This is a voluntary role that asks of each Youth Rep to continue on with the campaign and take the equivalent of one action per month after the workshop.
The VIC Youth Workshop is a 2-day event on June 7 and 8, including an overnight stay.
It is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people aged 15 – 30.
There is no cost involved. We will provide accommodation, transport and meals – so if you do not live in Sydney, you can still apply.
If you’re interested in applying to attend this workshop to become a RECOGNISE Youth Rep, apply below. For any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close for The VIC Youth workshop close Thursday May 25 at 5pm..
We look forward to hearing from you!
Youth Campaign Team