More than a quarter of a million everyday Australians are now grassroots supporters of the RECOGNISE movement. This is a powerful sign of the breadth of support across the Australian community. Even so, the Australian Constitution is one of the hardest in the world to change, so we need to keep building crucial momentum and awareness. People are saying this is the right thing to do, the decent thing to do, and we should fix it.
If we all play a part, every one of us can help to bring about this next step forward in the life of our nation. Here’s how you can help:
- 1. Sign up as a supporter and help continue to build this movement. We need to be able to reach you with updates so you can help at crucial moments as we head to referendum day.
- 2. Join the RECOGNISE movement as a volunteer and be a key part in this historic moment for change.
- 3. Get your friends and family involved by asking them to sign up too.
- 4. Donate to the movement to ensure we can continue to engage with Australians across the nation and make this a reality.
- 5. Wear the R on a badge or t-shirt to spark conversations about recognition.
- 6. Put a bumper sticker on the car or letterbox to show your support
- 7. Like and share us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and tweet about the campaign – adding your voice to the movement.
- 8. Follow and share the Recognise story on Instagram and YouTube to ensure more Australians hear this message
- 9. Attend or organise events in your local area or set up a local RECOGNISE group
- 10. Write to your local papers on the importance of recognition or ask them to cover a local event that you are organising by doing a story in advance to let others know so they can come along and get involved. We can help you if you get in touch at email@example.com.
- 11. Join the Journey to Recognition relay to spread the message as far and wide as possible.